The Ambassador Theatre Group strives for excellence as the managing company for the historic Hudson Theatre. In this tradition, we seek enthusiastic & dedicated employees who possess a passion for customer service and quality live entertainment. The Ambassador Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hudson Theatre, the newest and oldest theatre on Broadway, is searching for a Facilities Associate join the Hudson team. The part-time position will range from 15-20 hours per week, generally during the weekdays. The Facilities Associate will report directly to Hudson’s General Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Gain full knowledge of the building’s HVAC, elevator, and MEP operations
• Maintenance and repairs to doors, carpeting, floor tiles, bar equipment, railings, fixtures & hardware, minor plumbing (including sinks, toilet & shower fixtures, leaks), ejector pump, soap & paper towel dispensers, drywall, grout/calk, and other building-related items
• Apply special attention to patron-facing spaces, such as lobbies and bar spaces, which may require such tasks as sanding, drywall, spackling, and touch-up painting
• Removal or installation of appliances, plumbing fixtures, door fixtures, etc., and regular upkeep/cleaning of roof & storm drains and other in-house drainage systems
• Monitor HVAC to ensure desired temperature throughout the venue and handle immediate HVAC issues
• Schedule/meet with external vendors to discuss large repairs
• Facilitate monthly and annual checks of the fire extinguishers
• Additional short and long-term preventative maintenance, repairs, and capital projects, as directed by general management team
• S95 (Fire Safety Director) and F03 (Indoor Place of Assembly Safety Personnel) Certifications. If not a current certificate holder, may be required to obtain upon hiring
• Experience or familiar understanding of working with the Broadway and NYC Hotel Unions is preferred
• Team player with a “can-do” attitude and positive spirit
• Strong verbal communication skills and attention to detail
• High School Diploma or equivalent, with additional certifications or training
• 3+ years in facilities, trade, or similar positions
• Project management and/or having worked with landmarked buildings a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is a part-time (non-union), hourly position. Please place ‘Facilities Associate’ and your name in the subject line. No phone calls please.