HUDSON THEATRE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Ambassador Theatre Group strives for excellence as the managing company for the historic Hudson Theatre. In this tradition, we seek enthusiastic & dedicated employees who possess a passion for customer service and quality live entertainment. The Ambassador Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THEATRE OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Hudson Theatre, the newest and oldest theatre on Broadway, is searching for a Theatre Operations Associate to join the Hudson team. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who has exemplary customer service skills, confidence dealing with the public, and a passionate desire to achieve the very highest standards. The position is part-time (20-25 hours per week) and will report directly to Hudson’s Theatre Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide support to theatre management in the efficient operation of the theatre on a show to show basis
• Act as a point of contact for staff, assisting with any concerns and supporting staff with patron issues
• Engage with patrons and work in effectively resolving any patron conflicts or concerns
• Support management in supplying staff members with cash, inventory paperwork, radios, till keys and uniforms at the start and end of each shift, and be consistent and exact in all cash handling
• Provide bar staff with the proper process and procedure of bar maintenance, re-stocking products and inventory
• Ensure the optimal customer experience at each performance and special event, while sharing responsibility for the security of patrons, the facility, and all personnel overseeing the running of the front of house operation
• Process nightly Zonal reports, VIP guest lists, sales spreadsheets and other ancillary documents
• Oversee cash management for the F & B operation including daily deposits and weekly pick-ups
• Ensure effective scheduling of staff to service the operational needs of the theatre
• Assist with improving and implementing the policies and procedures of the theatre and F & B operation
• Create a fun and vigorous work environment, inspiring and leading the staff while promoting respect and dedication in each employee’s work
• Be active and well-prepared with knowledge of the theatre’s emergency procedures and work closely with management in case of an emergency
• Participate in the training of new FOH staff members
• Additional duties and special projects as assigned
• Outgoing, energetic personality and the ability to engage with patrons
• Exceptional interpersonal relations and communications skills
• Exceptional attention to detail, and excellent judgment and discretion
• A creative problem-solver who can work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Capable of lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds and can be active for a prolonged amount of time
• Valid food handler certification and knowledge of DOH standards is preferred but not required
• Basic PC computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
• College degree and experience working in arts organizations preferred, but not required
• Prior customer service experience, preferably in the hospitality industry (theatre, restaurant, hotel, etc.).
• Experience operating an electronic POS system in a restaurant or bar is preferred
This position requires a flexible schedule that will include evening, weekend and holiday performances.
Please send cover letter and resume to PerynSchmitt@theambassadors.com. This position is a part-time (non-union), hourly position. Please place ‘Theatre Operations Associate’ and your name in the subject line. No phone calls please.